I’m going to be a better blogger this year. 2012 took me through some things and I just didn’t have time to write much. I want to start the year with 5 tips we should take into this new year with us.
1) Avoid “deal” sites! I recently read an article from Suze Orman with tips on saving money. One of them was to avoid sites like Groupon and Living Social. Sure $77 for a detail is a good deal. But were you already planning on getting your car detailed before you got that great deal email? Or half off a half dozen cupcakes. Were you already planning on buying 6 cupcakes? Do you even need 6 cupcakes? See that’s the trap. We see such a great “deal” that we must take advantage of it without even realizing you’re splurge spending. You want a good deal on an oil change? Jiffy Lube ALWAYS has coupons on their website. Get what you need.
2) There are some things in life over which you have no control. Deep isn’t it! I’m not quite sure where I heard that from but I just heard it yesterday. It sounds like something I’ve heard before but I probably wasn’t in a place to receive it. Yesterday I was. The tip is…..learn on to get over those things. Or learn how to accept them. DON’T DWELL! That leads me to my third tip…
3) Use the past to avoid making the same mistakes again. I have spent entirely too much time harping on the mistakes I’ve made in the past 4 years. I’ve struggled with forgiving myself. So what I’ve figured out is that the true mistake is not in remembering, it’s in not forgiving and moving on. I’m going to remember so that I don’t repeat the messes I’ve made. But that’s it. Those are things I no longer have control over cause hell they’ve already happened.
4) LEARN TO COOK SOMETHING! Macaroni and cheese, veggie lasagna, a cake, SOMETHING. Being grown and relying on sandwiches and frozen pizzas is not the hotness. It’s just that simple. I have a friend who I thought would never cook and earlier this year she made something from scratch (what it was escapes me right now but she did it). It’s your turn!
5) LOVE HARD! We’re being fearless, relentless, and going hard in the paint for love from now on. Forget being scared of getting hurt. Loving hard feels so good that the reward greatly outweighs the risk. Friends, family, sorors, blog friends, lovers, everybody. LOVE HARD!
Thanks for visiting Diva (in Demand). My blog escapades have followed me across 4 states, 3 jobs, a business venture, and a new husband. There are no mini divas yet but I have loads of nieces and nephews to slobber and wipe their dirty hands on me. I am an amateur pastry chef, certified cake decorator, and seasoned home cook who knows how to pair French cuiseine with fine wine, collard greens and cornbread. You'll find a little bit of everything around here.....where I take talking to myself to a whole new level.