I love The Biggest Loser….LOVE! I cry every Monday no matter whether people get eliminated or not. Tonight as I watched I realized that what touches me so much is the support they have. They support each other. Their families support them. The coaches support them. They have a HUGE support system.
Most of us don’t have that at home. And if we’re not lucky to have a running group in our area then 9 times out of 10 you’re out on a trail alone and around mile 2 you’re having to tell yourself that you can do it.
Unfortunately, self motivation while you sweat is HARD and it sucks!
Just letting you know.
I spent a little time today scouring news sites in an effort to find something to write about today. Something that wasn’t Kanye, the Harlem Shake,or reality tv related. I failed.
My cousin got married today. I just looked at the pictures on Facebook and I feel comfortable saying that my aunt looked a hot flaming mess and it looked thrown together at the last minute.
*judge me if you feel the need*
What’s going on with you?
Faith is a struggle. Holding on and believing that it will happen is torturous to emotions.
If I didn’t hold on to it I’d be dead.
I’ve reached a point where I’m only surrounded by people who keep saying hold on. I doubt myself enough so there’s no need for anyone else’s negativity and obnoxious opinions. I learned that lesson the hard way in the last few years.
Judge not lest ye be judged doesn’t mean that I’ll rain on your life parade like you do mine. That’s karma’s job.
The other voice has grown louder and I’m beginning to think it’s right….but that is the antithesis of holding on.
I’d give all this back for him.
I’m going to be a better blogger this year. 2012 took me through some things and I just didn’t have time to write much. I want to start the year with 5 tips we should take into this new year with us.
1) Avoid “deal” sites! I recently read an article from Suze Orman with tips on saving money. One of them was to avoid sites like Groupon and Living Social. Sure $77 for a detail is a good deal. But were you already planning on getting your car detailed before you got that great deal email? Or half off a half dozen cupcakes. Were you already planning on buying 6 cupcakes? Do you even need 6 cupcakes? See that’s the trap. We see such a great “deal” that we must take advantage of it without even realizing you’re splurge spending. You want a good deal on an oil change? Jiffy Lube ALWAYS has coupons on their website. Get what you need.
2) There are some things in life over which you have no control. Deep isn’t it! I’m not quite sure where I heard that from but I just heard it yesterday. It sounds like something I’ve heard before but I probably wasn’t in a place to receive it. Yesterday I was. The tip is…..learn on to get over those things. Or learn how to accept them. DON’T DWELL! That leads me to my third tip…
3) Use the past to avoid making the same mistakes again. I have spent entirely too much time harping on the mistakes I’ve made in the past 4 years. I’ve struggled with forgiving myself. So what I’ve figured out is that the true mistake is not in remembering, it’s in not forgiving and moving on. I’m going to remember so that I don’t repeat the messes I’ve made. But that’s it. Those are things I no longer have control over cause hell they’ve already happened.
4) LEARN TO COOK SOMETHING! Macaroni and cheese, veggie lasagna, a cake, SOMETHING. Being grown and relying on sandwiches and frozen pizzas is not the hotness. It’s just that simple. I have a friend who I thought would never cook and earlier this year she made something from scratch (what it was escapes me right now but she did it). It’s your turn!
5) LOVE HARD! We’re being fearless, relentless, and going hard in the paint for love from now on. Forget being scared of getting hurt. Loving hard feels so good that the reward greatly outweighs the risk. Friends, family, sorors, blog friends, lovers, everybody. LOVE HARD!
It all started with Adrienne. She posted a pattern review of a maxi skirt and I was in love. So I emailed her and she forwarded me a tutorial that Mimi G. did. It was an epic failure. But I kept trying and making alternations until I got something that worked for me.
Please ignore my shower. It’s the only full length mirror in the house.
So after making 13 skirts with some elastic and one seam, I was brave enough to attempt to follow a pattern. Well I tried at least.
If you only knew all that was wrong with it. LOL Since that time I’ve even explores sleeves! I have several patterns and a variety of fabric and slowly I’m seeing improvements. My hems are FABULOUS. My necklines….I have one good looking neckline and a closet full of off the shoulder tops. LOL
Finally I reached out to the pro for help….via Facebook message at midnight full of hope that she would answer and not say “chile please!”
She’s so doggone nice! She has helped me out well after reasonable business hours several times. This was the result.
How cute am I!!!!!
The next goal is to make my own outfit for homecoming in 2 weeks. I haven’t been back in 13 years so I need to look finer than frog’s hair ya know.
What do you think?